Celebrate the valentine with “I heart you” homemade cookies by Anino Ogunjobi.
Homemade cookies are usual favorites during Valentine, festive holidays and other celebration periods. Make or bake cookies for your loved ones.
Here is a step by step instructions with pictures and recipe of homemade cookies by Anino Ogunjobi. Anino made a dip with double cream, lemon zest and lemon juice to complement the cookies.
Cookies can be varied by adding sugar/chocolate sprinkles on some, making some with raisins, adding royal icing to some and leaving the rest plain.
Cookies can be put in Air-tight tins, gift boxes for easy presentation (see picture below or previous post here).
Butter (unsalted): 250gms
Flour (plain / all purpose): 844gms
Eggs: 8 large
For dip: Double cream, 2 lemons (zest and juice).
Cookie cutters: heart
Parchment baking paper
Oven : temperature 150 degree Celsius
Electric mixer with dough hook
1. Put on the oven, 150 degree Celsius, Beat sugar and butter together until creamy.
2. Add the 8 eggs and continue mixing.
3. Add the flour and continue mixing with the dough hook, until the dough is thick and thoroughly mixed.
4. Sprinkle some flour on the rolling mat , put the dough on the rolling mat and with the rolling pin, roll out dough to about “1 cm (centimetre) thick.
5. Cut out cookie shapes with the cookie cutters. Place baking paper on the baking tray and then place cut-out cookies on it.
6. Bake in the oven (middle layer) for about 45 mins. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
TO DECORATE WITH CREAM
1. Whip the double cream and sugar together, until thick.
2. Zest and Juice “2” lemons
3. Add the lemon zest and juice to the whipped cream and whip a little.
4. Serve with cookies and slices of lemons as dip.