Robert Kaufman’s fabrics needs a Custom Merchandising project coordinator!
Job description and requirement are listed below.
Custom Merchandising Project Coordinator
We’re looking for a Custom Merchandising Project Coordinator to join our Merchandising & Precut Product Development team to expand our in-house capabilities for project development tailored to meet the specific needs of key individual customers.
- Develop &/or source quilting & sewing project/pattern concepts to fit specific customers’ needs.
- Develop and ensure accurate free quilt pattern instructions to fit a standardized format & layout, through a combination of managing outside contractors &/or in-house development.
- Manage technical information for kitted project patterns (review and identify yardage amounts needed for each fabric SKU within a kit, verifying SKU identification to match pattern fabric placement).
- Manage sample sewing with independent contractors.
- Coordinate finished project samples delivery to customers to meet specific deadlines.
- Assist with merchandising fabric collections into precut products.
- Conduct market research for innovations in product development strategy.
- Manage invoices from independent contractors.
- Potential for some travel to national and regional trade shows and events (< 5%).
- Potential for expanding into New Business Development role for key category.
- A strong understanding of the technical aspects of quilting &/or sewing (acute math skills)
- Strong Excel skills are a plus
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- A talent for styling, color and design.
- LA based – must be in house for access to our internal system and coordinating with the team.
- Strong organizational skills to handle overlapping deadlines and fabric availability and independent contractors’ time management.
- Excellent communication skills to notify people of updates to deadlines, fabric availability, changes to patterns.
- Effective people management skills to meet deadlines with numerous outside vendors.
- Send your resume and cover letter to Allie Heath, Director of Merchandising & Precut Product Development: aheath [at] robertkaufman [dot] com
For more information: http://www.robertkaufman.com/jobs/