Garter bar is our product of the day.
I see the garter bar as a transfer tool with lots of transfer prongs on a metal bar.
Garter bar comes with a stopper, which is adjustable and prevents the needles on the knitting machine from moving, when you are doing a stitch manipulation using the garter bar and needle stopper.
Most knitting machine have a garter bar for it ( picture shows a garter bar for the standard gauge knitting machine). You buy it separately because it is an add-on accessory.
Uses of Garter bar
Garter bar is a versatile tool in machine knitting because it helps when,
- turning your knitting (purl side to knit side),
- Holding stitches,
- creating gather/ ruffle design on a gown, skirt,sleeve of shirts , etc. ( You can watch 0-3 months gather gown on the SK280 on ANINO TV( Youtube),
- dart in needed to shape a knitwear(use in dart making on a knitwear),
- moving stitches,
- Removing stitches from the knitting machine,
- Forming cables,
- increasing stitches ,
- decreasing stitches,
- Hand-tooling lace design,
- making garter stitches on a knitting machine,
- and much more.
Diana L. Sullivan has a knitting video on Garter bar , which she termed the “The Garter bar video course“.
Leave a Reply