The 2016 Knitter of the year competition opens with different categories;
- Designer of the Year: to anyone who creates their own patterns.
- New Designer of the year :- aspiring or beginner designer, or if you ever improvise your own knits, have had fewer than five designs published.
- Charity Hero:- If you, or someone you know, has done some brilliant woolly charity work.
- Online Innovator:- bloggers, vloggers, podcasters and anyone else who spreads their love of knitting over the World Wide Web
- Local Superstar:- people doing brilliant things in their knitting community – whether that’s shop owners, teachers or event organisers.
Read the press release and link to the entry forms below.
The Knitter of the Year competition is all about celebrating the very best of the knitting world, whether it’s creative designers, generous charity knitters, web wonders or local leaders.
The grand prize is a day out at Sirdar, and there are bonus prizes for each category too.
- New Designer of the Year:- Five winning designers will have their pattern published in Knit Now, for which they will each be paid £100.
- Designer of the year: Five designers will have their pattern featured in Knit Now, for which they will each be paid £400.
- and more
Terms and conditions
Competition is open to UK residents only. No purchase necessary. Grand prize does not include travel or accomodation. Winning designs will be published according to the standard Knit Now contributor agreement, which grants Knit Now first and exclusive publication rights for four months following publication. Closing date Midnight GMT, 31st December 2016. Winners will be notified by the end of January. The judges’ decision is final.
For more information please visit: http://www.knitnowmag.co.uk/koty2016/item/555-knitter-of-the-year-entries-open