Spoonflower presents an Origami design challenge with a deadline at 3 pm EST(Eastern Standard Time) of 30th January 2018.
Read the press release below.
Inspired by the Japanese word “ori”, meaning folding, origami transforms paper into intricate pieces of art with just a few defined folds. This week, we challenge you to create a repeating design inspired by this popular Japanese art. Choose a classic style or create a design with a twist but remember, the art is in the fold!
- 12/08/2017: Submissions open
- 01/30/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/01/2018: Public voting opens
- 02/06/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/08/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 1 first place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5 swatch required.