QuiltCon is searching for workshop teachers and lecturers for QuiltCon 2020 in Austin, Texas taking place from February 20–23, 2020.
Read the press release below.
QuiltCon Teacher Applications Open
We are currently seeking workshop teachers and lecturers for QuiltCon 2020 in Austin, Texas, February 20–23, 2020.
What Are We Looking For?
* Experienced instructors with fresh material, teaching techniques of interest to modern quilters
* Technique-based workshops that yield some type of project
* Three-hour or six-hour workshops (ALL WORKSHOP INSTRUCTORS MUST SUBMIT AND TEACH AT LEAST ONE 3-HOUR WORKSHOP)
* Intermediate to advanced levels of difficulty in content
* Photo sample for each submitted workshop. Jpegs are preferred, with a max size of 1 MB per photo.
* We are also accepting 45-minute lecture proposals on technique, history, style, and other quilting topics.
As you prepare your application, ask yourself these questions:
1. Has QuiltCon offered a similar workshop or lecture on the topic or technique in the past? If so, was the previous instructor the top in the field? We ask that you do not email asking for a list of our previous classes and instructors. You can Google “QuiltCon catalog” to find previous catalogs online.
2. Is your course unique? Is anyone else teaching what you are proposing?
3. If the workshop is not a quilt project, how does it directly translate to quilting techniques?
4. Are you showing your best work? Are you showing new work? QuiltCon attendees want fresh, new workshops and lectures, so be sure to offer new options, especially if you travel to teach frequently.
5. Are the photos of your projects professional and well done?
6. Do you own the copyright to the work or have copyright permission to the work you’re proposing you teach or lecture on? QuiltCon does not cover licensing fees.
Deadline: Midnight CDT on December 31, 2018. Applicants will be notified by April 1, 2019.