SAA extends the closing date of its paint a poppy challenge to December 31st 2018 (31:12:18).
Read the press release below.
Paint a poppy, make a donation and be part of our special WWI 100th Anniversary Exhibition
As we mark the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI, the SAA has partnered with The Royal British Legion to stand together and say Thank You to the courageous men and women who served and sacrificed for our country. Let’s remember them the best way we know how – by painting!
We hope to gather together as many paintings and drawings of poppies as we can, as well as raising money for this vital cause. Also, part of the centenary celebrations we’ll be holding a special exhibition.
Here’s how you can get involved with our latest challenge:
Using any medium, create your own poppy picture on any paper of your choice, ensuring it’s exactly 125mm x 125mm (4.9” x 4.9”).
Send it to us along with your completed entry form (download one here).
Mailing address: SAA Paint a Poppy Challenge, SAA, PO Box 50, Newark, Notts, NG23 5GY
If you can, donate to support the vital work of The Royal British Legion. Online or by phone- call: 0800 980 1123.
1. The size of your entry must be 125mm x 125mm (4.9” x 4.9”).
2. You must write your name, postcode, painting title and medium on the back of each entry.
3. Each artist must submit one fully completed entry form (available to download here) with each submission of entries.
4. All artwork must be original work of the submitting artist and not breach copyright law.
5. Please ensure that any work you submit is your own. If you’ve used another artist’s painting, tuition or photograph as your inspiration, please be sure to credit them accordingly – for example, ‘after a painting by………..’ or ‘from a photograph by………..’. Any artwork thought to be breaking copyright will be disqualified.
6. Entries will NOT be returned as they will become part of an exhibition hosted by the SAA.
7. All entries must be with the SAA by 31st December 2018.
8. Making a donation is not obligatory as part of the entry process, but we encourage participants to donate to The Royal British Legion – go to www.justgiving.com/SAAPaintaPoppy or call 0800 980 1123 to donate.
9. Failure to meet the above rules is likely to result in disqualification. We reserve the right to refuse entries.