Matthew and the Knit Simple Design Team have made a design submission call for the Knit Simple Winter ’19 magazine. The deadline for all submissions is July 15th 2019.
Read the press release.
We are asking for your submissions for Knit Simple Winter ’19. Please see below the stories we would like you to be inspired by:
STYLES FOR EVERYONE
We are looking for non-gender specific grownup styles that are versatile. Use easy textured stitches, seed, ribs, cables, for winter sweaters and accessories.
WINTER SKY BLUES
This kids story is all about the winter blues, cool and cozy. Show us your best blankets, pillows, hats, socks, scarves, and sweaters for kids (Size 4).
WOMEN’S PONCHOS, CAPES, WRAPS
Wraps, capes and ponchos are great layering pieces for winter. Perfect for wearing over a coat, and keeping you stylish and warm on those chilly days.
Knit home pieces are ideal for winter, and an inviting way to make those snowy days cheery with a pop of color! Gray décor accented with a sunny surprise of color is a popular trend. Brighten our day and send us something great.
We love to see what inspired your designs, too! Check out pinterest for tons of great ideas, and show us your twist on it or how you would make it your own.
E-mail your submissions as pdf, jpg, or doc attachments to email@example.com with “Knit Simple Winter 19 Design Submission” in the subject line. Please keep your submissions to a maximum of 2 pages and 2MB per design idea. Be sure that your name and contact information is listed on each page.
Please note that we will only contact you if your design is chosen. However, if your design is not chosen for this issue, it will be held for future consideration.
The deadline for all submissions will be July 15th.
Please submit a ONE PAGE .PDF with your images and brief explanation of your techniques. Make sure to include: YOUR NAME, EMAIL, SHIPPING ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER on the submission. Any submissions without this info may not be considered.
When sending us your submission, please take into account the following procedures, which will help us to expedite our communication with you:
• Make your presentation as organized and concise as possible.
• If submissions are mailed in, they will be returned as soon as we are finished with them. Due to space restrictions, we cannot hold all designs that are submitted for the duration of the selection process. Should you receive a few but not all of your submissions back, it means we are holding the balance for possible placement and will return them as soon as the process is complete.
• If submissions are emailed in, you will hear from us if your design has been selected. Due to the sheer volume of submissions that we receive it’s not possible to respond to every one.
• If you want to use any of your submissions for another purpose during the review process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to take out of consideration the particular submission(s).
• Please do not telephone or email with inquiries as to the status of your submissions.
Bear in mind that we reserve the right to hold and review design submissions for all of our publications until such time as the design selection process is finalized for a season; this may take up to six months.
Designs can be either mailed or emailed (but not both please). Follow these guidelines for submission:
• A swatch should always accompany a design sketch. Please staple them together.
• Mount sketches and attach swatches to 8.5″ x 11″ sheets.
• Make sketches dark enough to photocopy and keep a photocopy of each submission for your own records.
• Print your name, email and phone number clearly on each page.
• Include a self-addressed stamped envelope to ensure your swatches and sketches are returned.
• Mail to Vogue Knitting Magazine, Design Submissions, 104 West 27th Street, 3rd Fl, New York, NY 10001
• Send clear scanned images of swatches and sketches and be sure that each file is clearly labeled with your name, address and phone number. Also make it clear which sketch and swatch are to accompany each other.
• If necessary, we will request a hard copy of a submission.
• JPGs or PDF files work best for us at 72 dpi only.
Please note that submission of a design does not guarantee publication in the magazine.
Matthew and the Knit Simple Design Team