Demonstrating the stencilling technique using a Plaid Crafts ( Plaid Enterprise) stencil and Lidl’s Crelando acrylic paint and artist brushes(fan, flat) in making the handmade card, Series 2 Episode 3 of 12 Crafts of Cardmaking, the technique of stencilling used as single motif design is now on Anino TV YouTube
About the video tutorial.
Series 2, Episode 3 of 12 Crafts of Cardmaking, the technique of stencilling used as a single motif card design.
In this video series of 12 crafts of cardmaking, the technique of stencilling, Anino Ogunjobi teaches with demonstrations on how to use a stencil image to make single motif design for a greeting card using acrylic paint, artist brushes- fan and flat.
She used a portion of a wall stencil to make the single motif design on the A5 greeting card.
1. Colouring the stencil design with acrylic paint.
2. Using the flat artist brush in 90 degrees angle to create add shadow to the petals while creating vein-like effects on the petals.
3. Using the fan brush to create highlight and feathering effect like veins on the petals while blending the paint.
4. Using a portion of a large stencil for a wall on the greeting card.
5. Single motif design demonstrated.
6. Creating contrast using acrylic paint.