VOGUE Knitting makes a Design Call for Winter 2020 Issue of its magazine and the submission deadline is June 19th 2020.
Read the press release.
Design Call Vogue Knitting Winter 2020
Vogue Knitting Winter 2020 is a transitional issue, the first with Editor in Chief Norah Gaughan, made possible with the aid of Mary Jane Mucklestone while Norah finishes up some prior obligations and compiles a freelance team for the magazine.
Vogue Knitting is committed to inclusion and diversity at all levels, from staff, through designers, journalists, freelancers, models, photographers etc.
Some changes have been made to design submissions, please review the following:
- Only digital submissions are accepted.
- Designer submits written pattern in sample size only. VK in house tech editors will grade all patterns. Sample size will be decided at the time a design is accepted.
- Garment patterns range to fit chest sizes from 30″– 60”
- New profit sharing: Designs are exclusive to print for 1 year. Following the 1 year exclusivity period, Individual PDFs will be posted on the Vogue Knitting web site and on Ravelry. Designers receive a base fee + 10% of PDF sales on Vogue Knitting website and 50% of Ravelry sales. Pattern PDFs will sell for $8 (up from $6).
Design submissions due by Friday, June 19th, 2020.
Send submissions to email@example.com
- Please submit a ONE PAGE PDF per design with swatch and sketch images and brief explanation of your techniques.
- Make sure to include: YOUR NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER on each submission. Any submissions without this information may not be considered.
- We will contact you by the first week in July if your design has been selected. Due to the sheer volume of submissions it is not possible to respond to every one.
- Please don’t telephone or email with inquiries as to the status of your submissions.
Take a look at our attached inspiration boards.
We look forward to seeing your ideas for Winter 2020!