The Clip Studio Paint tutorial themes for March 2021 is out and its entry period is Monday, March 1 to Wednesday, March 31, 10:00 JST / 01:00 UTC.
Read the press release
This month’s themes
Entry period: Mon, March 1 ~ Wed, March 31, 10:00 JST / 01:00 UTC
Post your tutorial on our theme of the month and share your art knowledge with creators all over the world!
Each month, we’ll select the best tutorials on Clip Studio TIPS with new content across a range of genres for a total of up to US$10,000 in prizes!
This month’s themes are…
Magic effects are used in fantasy illustrations and animation. Show us how to create magical shapes, lighting, and coloring effects using the functions of Clip Studio Paint.
How do you set up your workspace in Clip Studio Paint to optimize your creativity? Introduce your palette and command bar arrangements, what commands you have registered in your quick access palette, and what advantages this brings to your work.
Lineless illustrations, often seen on posters, are the theme here. Use Clip Studio Paint to introduce techniques for creating illustrations without outlines, such as how to choose brushes or add texture so the work doesn’t become monotonous.
Total rewards worth US$10,000 each month!
Each month, we’ll select the best tutorials from chosen themes on Clip Studio Tips across a range of genres, giving out up to $US10,000 worth of rewards! Why not create your own tutorial to share your tips and teach other creators about Clip Studio Paint?
We will announce the winners on the tenth of the following month.
Video Award: US$900 per person (up to 10 people)
Gold Award: US$700 per person (up to 4 people)
Silver Award: US$300 per person (up to 10 people)
Bronze award: 3,000 GOLD per person (up to 30 people)
- – TIPS posted with a YouTube video will be eligible for the Video Award as well as the Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards.
- – Winnings will be transferred to a PayPal or bank account. Transfer fees will be paid by Celsys, but fees for obtaining the winning sum will be paid by the winner.
How to enter your tutorial
- To enter this contest, simply post your tutorial to Clip Studio Tips with the tag MonthlyTIPS202103 and one theme tag (MagicEffects, OptimalWorkspace, LinelessArt).
- Please register your profile picture for your Clip Studio account and one or more links to your social media accounts or website. Please keep in mind that you will not be eligible for prizes if you fail to register. You can edit your Clip Studio account information here: Clip Studio Profile
- When posting with a YouTube video, include the hashtag (#ClipStudioTips2021) and the Clip Studio TIPS URL (https://tips.clip-studio.com/) in the YouTube video’s information section. Please ensure that embedded YouTube videos are set to “Public.” Videos set to “Unlisted” are not eligible.
Also, please be sure to select the “Video TIPS” option in the Process section when publishing your TIPS article.
- Tutorials that do not follow the posting guidelines (such as tutorials containing copyrighted content or characters) cannot be considered for awards. Publish early to increase your view count and likes. We advise you to publish your entries as soon as possible, as the number of views and likes will influence selection.
- To be eligible, please create an illustrated tutorial along one of the monthly themes in Clip Studio Paint.
- Tutorials that are newly posted during the submission period will be eligible. Tips that have already been posted cannot be accepted for the monthly contest.
- You may post your tutorial in any of the following languages:
English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese
- The minimum word count is 200 words. (Minimum 200 words in English, French, Spanish, and German; 500 characters in Japanese and Korean; 400 characters in Traditional Chinese)
- Please include at least 2 screenshots or images, progress shots, or screen captures so that your tutorial is easy for beginners to understand. (Please refrain from adding text to your images, as it will not be translated.) You can also use videos or gifs.
- The first image appearing in your tutorial becomes the default thumbnail. We recommend choosing something appealing that will catch the viewer’s eye.
- If you participate with a Youtube video, please present the theme you chose at the beginning of the video.
Videos are recommended to be 5 minutes or more. Add narration, background music, and subtitles to make the content easier to understand. For background music and images used in videos, please check the YouTube regulations and adjust them accordingly. In the TIPS article, include the image that will be used as a thumbnail at the top of the text, text and images explaining the content of the video (at least 200 words, not including author profile text) and the Youtube video URL.
- Please only include images that you own. Tutorials with copyrighted content cannot be posted to Clip Studio Tips. This includes images of manga, anime, and game characters as well as derivative works such as fanfiction and fanzines. This also includes stock photo images. For full guidelines on posting to Clip Studio Tips, please refer to the Tips help page and the Guidelines About Posting and Behavior.
- You may use the Clip Studio Paint logo in images for articles posted on Clip Studio Tips. Please note that use of the logo will have no impact on the judging of Tips of the Month.
- When using the Clip Studio Paint logo, please note that:
- – You may not alter the logo in any way, including changing the aspect ratio or dimensions, altering the color or adding shadows, gradients, or patterns, or cropping, flipping, or inverting the logo.
- – The logo may not be used in a way that could cause your article to be mistaken for an official Clip Studio Paint article.
- Winning Tips are announced in the middle of the month.
- The images and content of winning Tips may be used by Celsys, Inc. and its affiliates to promote Clip Studio Paint.
- We cannot comment on reasons for selecting the award winners.