Clip Studio Paint has released its tutorial themes for April 2021 and the entry period is April 1 (Thu) – May 1 (Sat) 10:00 (UTC).
April 1 (Thu) – May 1 (Sat) 10:00 (UTC)
Read the press release
Post your tutorial on our theme of the month and share your art knowledge with Clip Studio Paint users all over the world! Each month, we’ll select the best tutorials for the month’s themes!
April 1 (Thu) ~ May 1 (Sat) 10:00 (UTC)
Post your tutorial on our theme of the month and share your art knowledge with creators all over the world!
Each month, we’ll select the best tutorials on Clip Studio TIPS with new content across a range of genres for a total of up to US$10,000 in prizes!
This month’s themes are..
How to Draw Landscapes#DrawLandscapes
Grab your tablet or smartphone and sketch the view from your window or your favorite place, while explaining how to create traditional-looking landscapes using pencil sketches, inking, and watercolor in Clip Studio Paint.
Using Transform Functions#TransformFunctions
How do you make use of Clip Studio Paint’s various Transform functions? We want to see how you use these essential tools for digital creation, from fine-tuning part of a character after it has been drawn, to adjusting patterns and text to match the shape of an object.
When coloring comics, you need to paint a lot of pages efficiently and effectively. Let us know your tips and techniques for coloring that are unique to comics.
- To be eligible, please create an illustrated tutorial along one of the monthly themes in Clip Studio Paint.
- Tutorials that are newly posted during the submission period will be eligible. Tips that have already been posted cannot be accepted for the monthly contest.
- You may post your tutorial in any of the following languages:
English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese
- The minimum word count is 200 words. (Minimum 200 words in English, French, Spanish, and German; 500 characters in Japanese and Korean; 400 characters in Traditional Chinese)
- Please include at least 2 screenshots or images, progress shots, or screen captures so that your tutorial is easy for beginners to understand. (Please refrain from adding text to your images, as it will not be translated.) You can also use videos or gifs.
- The first image appearing in your tutorial becomes the default thumbnail. We recommend choosing something appealing that will catch the viewer’s eye.
- If you participate with a Youtube video, please present the theme you chose at the beginning of the video.
Videos are recommended to be 5 minutes or more. Add narration, background music, and subtitles to make the content easier to understand. For background music and images used in videos, please check the YouTube regulations and adjust them accordingly. In the TIPS article, include the image that will be used as a thumbnail at the top of the text, text and images explaining the content of the video (at least 200 words, not including author profile text) and the Youtube video URL.
- Please only include images that you own. Tutorials with copyrighted content cannot be posted to Clip Studio Tips. This includes images of manga, anime, and game characters as well as derivative works such as fanfiction and fanzines. This also includes stock photo images. For full guidelines on posting to Clip Studio Tips, please refer to the Tips help page and the Guidelines About Posting and Behavior.
- You may use the Clip Studio Paint logo in images for articles posted on Clip Studio Tips. Please note that use of the logo will have no impact on the judging of Tips of the Month.
- When using the Clip Studio Paint logo, please note that:
- – You may not alter the logo in any way, including changing the aspect ratio or dimensions, altering the color or adding shadows, gradients, or patterns, or cropping, flipping, or inverting the logo.
- – The logo may not be used in a way that could cause your article to be mistaken for an official Clip Studio Paint article.
- Winning Tips are announced in the middle of the month.
- The images and content of winning Tips may be used by Celsys, Inc. and its affiliates to promote Clip Studio Paint.
- We cannot comment on reasons for selecting the award winners.