VOGUE Knitting makes a design submission call for its Spring/Summer 2022 magazine issue.
Read the press release
Design & Article Call: VOGUE Knitting Spring/Summer 2022
Submissions due by Wednesday, July 14th, 2021
Vogue Knitting Spring / Summer 2022 Design & Article Call
Hello Designers and Authors. It’s time to start planning the Spring / Summer 2022 issue of Vogue Knitting. You’ll find both the design call and the article call below.
The three editorial design stories for the S/S ’22 issue speak to our warm weather needs.
- Florals (& other multicolor delights) – splotches and bits of joyful color https://www.pinterest.com/oohla83/ss-florals-and-multicolor/
- Sand – Easy garments with special details https://www.pinterest.com/oohla83/ss-sand/
- Open Season – Openwork that’s not feminine https://www.pinterest.com/oohla83/ss-open-season/
Click on the links to go to the Pinterest inspiration boards.
Please take note:
- Designer submits their written pattern in sample size only. VK tech editors will grade all patterns to fit chest 30 – 60” Sample size will be decided at the time a design is accepted.
- Profit sharing: Designs are exclusive to print for 1 year. Following the 1 year exclusivity period, Individual PDFs will be posted on the Vogue Knitting web site and on Ravelry. Designers receive a base fee + 10% of PDF sales on Vogue Knitting website and 50% of Ravelry sales. Pattern PDFs will sell for $8 (up from $6).
Design submissions due by Wednesday, July 14th, 2021.
Send submissions to email@example.com
- Digital submissions only
- One page PDF per design PDF or JPEG files only, include:
- swatch image
- sketch image
please take time to include the best sketches possible. It makes a big difference.
- On each submission, please include your name, email and phone number Any submissions without this information may not be considered.
- We will contact you in mid August if your design has been selected and the garment / instruction deadline for accepted proposals will be in early October. Due to the sheer volume of submissions it is not possible to respond to every one. If you haven’t heard from us by the end of August, consider the design free to be submitted elsewhere or published independently. Please don’t telephone or email with inquiries as to the status of your submissions.
Vogue Knitting is seeking talented writers to contribute articles for publication. We are looking for fresh ideas and interesting perspectives from a wide range of voices.
With knitting at its core, each issue of Vogue Knitting features articles on every aspect of the craft, from fiber growers, yarn makers, dyers, individual designers, makers and fashion. We are interested in knitting and other fiber related stories from all over the world. We’d like to hear about a special local yarn shop or interesting events. We love to share techniques and learn about the history and heritage of our craft. We are interested in discovering where our knitting fibers come from and how they are processed. We are interested in tangential subjects, such as fashion stories that intersect with knitting and crochet.
We are especially interested in things we may not have thought of!
Take a look at the design themes to spark your imagination!
Articles should be well written, easy to follow, free of errors and appropriately sourced. Ideally, though by no means a requirement, articles should be accompanied by print-ready images (300 dpi resolution, jpg or tiff file format, comparable to the size they will run on the page in inches.
Articles range from 300 to 800 words or more.
To submit an article for consideration please email:
- Your pitch for the particular story are interested in writing, one PDF for each idea.
- Include a link to published writing samples, or attach an unpublished draft or partial draft of proposed article.
Article submissions due by Wednesday, July 14th, 2021.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vogue Knitting is committed to inclusion and diversity at all levels, from staff, through designers, journalists, freelancers, models, photographers etc. Please pass this call on to anyone you know who might be interested. We are eager to expand our network of artists.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your ideas for Spring/Summer 2022!
Vogue Knitting Team