Noro makes a design submission call for the Fall/Winter 2024 issue of its magazine.
Read the press release
Fall/Winter 2024 Design Call for Noro Magazine and KFI Patterns
It is once again time for us to start planning the Fall/Winter 2024 season for Noro Magazine #24 and the KFI Pattern Collection.
We will be focusing on the trends listed below, however, we are always looking for innovative designs. If you have something you love that does not fit the brief, please feel free to send it. We look forward to reviewing your design ideas.
Think about combining yarns in various ways:
- Work with 1, 2, or 3 strands held together of the same yarn in different colors, or in 3 different yarns.
- Combine a solid yarn with a same-weight self-striping or variegated yarn to create fun color patterns.
- Combine different weight yarns using their gauge differences to make interesting knit or crochet fabrics.
The combinations are endless!
Simple, wearable silhouettes in quick and easy pattern stitches for all skill levels including beginners.
- The Vest
- The V-neck Pullover
- The Bubble Sweater
- Simple stripes
- Easy texture pattern
- The wear everywhere, anytime Cardigan
Let the yarn do all the work.
The crochet trend is here to stay! It continues to be front and center in Fall fashions.
- Interesting and/or traditional crochet stitches
- Mixing of yarns and colors
- Sweaters, cardigans, vests, ponchos, shawls, and scarves
COLOR IS CALLING
All types of colorwork and garments fit in this story.
- Fair Isle Yokes (top down or bottom up)
- Color blocking
- Uneven stripes
ESSENTIAL FALL/WINTER ACCESSORIES
- Knit or crochet
- Skinny Scarves; extra long wide scarves
- Hats: beret, slouchy, beanie, etc.
- Cowls: short or long
- Arm and leg warmers
Please email your design submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, February 1, 2024.
Please submit by email a ONE PAGE PDF for each of your images and a brief explanation of your techniques. Make sure to include: YOUR NAME, EMAIL, SHIPPING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, and PROJECT NAME on every submission. Any submissions without this information may not be considered. When emailing us your submission(s), please take into account the following procedures, which will help to expedite our communication with you:
- Send clear scanned images of swatches and sketches, and be sure that each file is clearly labeled with your name, address and phone number. Also make it clear which sketch and swatch are to accompany each other.
- JPGs or PDF files work best for us at 72 dpi only.
- Make your presentation as organized and concise as possible.
- If you want to use any of your submissions for another purpose during the review process, send an email to email@example.com asking us to take the particular submission(s) out of consideration.
- Please do not telephone or email with inquiries as to the status of your submissions. You will hear from us if your design has been selected. Due to the sheer volume of designs we receive, it’s not possible to respond to everyone.