Here is my entry, for the simplicity bloggers sewing competition.
You can read about the challenge here.
I used the newlook pattern 6145 ( shift dress).
I made this shift gown (brocade- tie and dye) and also made a jacket ( chiffon fabric) with the same pattern.
The shift gown has tiny pleats to enhance the side seams and also act as an embellishment. The pleats enhances the shape of the gown while making the gown not plain. (More pictures below).
I increased the length of the pattern to make the jacket length. Using the fabric for the shift dress, I did a bias binding for the edges ( arm facing, collars, bottom of jacket, front) of jacket.
Leave a Reply