Egg roll is a boiled egg which has been wrapped in dough and then fried in hot oil.
Egg roll is a delicacy and can be served in a variety of occasions ( birthdays, new home, christmas, easter and much more).
EGG ROLL RECIPE BY ANINO OGUNJOBI
Plain flour (all purpose flour)- 290gms
Sugar (omit if desired)- 37gms
Oil (sunflower or vegetable ) for deep frying
Egg (hard boiled) – 10\12
Butter\margarine – 88gms
- Heat the oil
- Put flour , salt, sugar, butter in a mixing bowl and mix until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Add the water and continue mixing until dough is thoroughly mixed.
4. Cut a small lump of dough and cover your eggs with it. ( dough is a bit sticky, you can sprinkle flour on your palm).
5. Roll dough with egg between your palms until egg is fully covered.
6. Fry the roll in a moderate heat deep fryer, until it is golden brown ( Moderate heat, enables the dough cook properly especially the inside).
7. When roll is ready, remove from deep fryer and place on a kitchen tissue to absorb oil. Serve with drinks .