Bagsoflove is back with a new towel day designing contest for 2016 and the theme is TRAVEL. Contest ends 25th of May,2016.
What can you win?
Win vouchers to spend in store, your own customised beach towel, all in our £600 pot of prizes and an interview published on our blog.
When is the contest running?
4th May – 25th May 2016.
What do you need to do?
Design your beach towel (Adult size: 83 x 143cm, print on front only) using your own design in this year’s theme “Travel”.
It is completely up to you how you interpret this theme. You can design your towel with a picture of your recent travels or your dream destination, with patterns that wander around, or a design that fits into the ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’-story.
How do we choose the winners?
The top 3 winners will be chosen by our designer panel. Places 4 – 10 will be decided by the designs with the most votes.
To enter and see designs visit: https://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/contest/11?utm
When will the winners be announced?
We will announce the winners on 26th May on our blog and social media. We’ll contact the winners by email.
What is Towel Day?
Every year on the 25th May, Towel Day is celebrated as a tribute to Douglas Adams, the creator of ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’. What started out as a radio show on BBC, turned into a worldwide science fiction phenomenon. The radio show was followed by stage shows, novels, a TV show, computer game and a film over past 40 years.
In the book, Adam’s states that the value of towels is “about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have.” He goes on to list the many uses a towel has… here are some favourites:
– “Wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal.”
– “Wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat.”
– “Dry yourself off with it if it still seems clean enough.”
We, here at Bags of Love, are huge fans of ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ and want to celebrate Towel Day with you and give you a chance of winning your very own custom printed towel and gift vouchers for our online shop.
· 1st prize: £100 ($150/ €130) Gift Voucher for Bags of Love products, 1 towel printed with your competition design and an interview with the winner published on our blog.
· 2nd prize: £60 ($90/ €80) Gift Voucher for Bags of Love products, 1 towel printed with your competition design.
· 3rd prize: £40 ($60/ €50) Gift Voucher for Bags of Love products, 1 towel printed with your competition design.
· Places 4-10 will go to the most voted designs and participants receive Custom Printed Towels with their design.
Custom Printed Towel, Adult single size 83 x 143cm, Print on front only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The competition is worldwide and will close at 23:59 (GMT) on 25 May 2016.
- To enter without purchase, simply submit your design via the instructions on this page.
- For the purpose of this competition, you will be unable to use any copyrighted images in your design and will therefore be banned from taking part in the competition if found using any.
- No offensive designs will be allowed.
- All uploaded designs remain the property of their respective owners. Bags of Love will not resell uploaded designs. We reserve the right to use images entered into contest for promotional purposes.
- By completing the competition, you agree to have your submitted details supplied to Bags of Love and will receive marketing material via email. You can unsubscribe at any time if you do not wish to receive further emails from Bags of Love.
- Only one entry per person.
- Based on questions we receive, we may post modifications or clarifications and correspondence to the requirements on the blog, Facebook or Twitter during the days leading up to the deadline, so please check back periodically.
- The winners will be selected by our expert panel and the prizes will not be exchangeable or refundable.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We will contact the winner directly by email or telephone.
- The delivery of your prizes is free; shipping charges may apply in certain areas.
- There is no cash or voucher equivalent for the customised towels available.
- Any entry into the competition will be taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Promoter: Bags of Love, Contrado Imaging Ltd, Unit 7, Space Business Park, Abbey Road, Park Royal, London, NW10 7SU, UK.