An inspirational evening class with Jim Cregan, founder of Jimmy’s Iced Coffee, with advice on everything from working with suppliers to marketing your brand
Date: Tuesday 1 November 2016
You don’t need a background in the food industry to launch a successful business. Ask Jim Cregan, founder of Jimmy’s Iced Coffee, which in three years went from being a backroom experiment in a Dorset cafe to a recognised, celebrity-endorsed brand stocked by Tesco, Ocado and Whole Foods. This evening class is an unmissable opportunity to learn from Jim’s expert knowledge, giving you the tools and motivation to get your own business off the ground.
Over the course of the evening, you’ll discover the fundamentals things you need to know to set up a new food business. You’ll learn how to find suppliers and stockists, and how to communicate with them effectively. Plus, you’ll learn the essentials of marketing and branding, to ensure the right people find your products. Suitable for entrepreneurs of all levels, the class aims to show you how to stop procrastinating, get your business up and running, and have fun while doing it.
- The basics of launching a food business
- Product development – how to test the market and get your product right
- Establishing a brand
- Marketing and PR – including how to make the most of social media
- How to find and win over stockists for your product
- Tips for presenting a business pitch to clients and stockists
- Financing and investment
- Best practice in the food industry
- Common pitfalls – and how to avoid them
- Q&A – an invaluable opportunity to pick the brains of an experienced foodie entrepreneur
Jim Cregan formed Jimmy’s Iced Coffee with his sister Sooz in November 2010. Five months later, they sold their first carton of ready-to-drink iced coffee in Selfridges. Since their launch, they’ve gained listings with Tesco, BP, WHSmith, Waitrose, Budgens, Welcome Break and Ocado. Their strap line is ‘Keep Your Chin Up’ and is the foundation of what Jimmy’s is all about.
More information: http://www.theguardian.com/guardian-masterclasses/2015/aug/25/stop-procrastinating-and-start-your-own-food-business-jim-cregan-food-and-drink-business-course1