The current design challenge by Spoonflower is themed “painting”.
Read the press release below.
A hobby near and dear to many creative hearts, painting takes on so many forms, techniques, and mediums — and in many ways it is the foundation of design.
Watercolor, acrylic, oil, tempera, gouache, tempura. Abstract, impressionist, photo-realistic — there’s something for everyone! Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.”
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 12/16/2016: Submissions open
- 01/17/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/19/2017: Public voting opens
- 01/25/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/26/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
One popularly voted grand-prize winner will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit.
The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! In addition to cash prizes, the top 10 will receive additional exposure in our email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs, and social media mentions.