Vogue Knitting LIVE is looking for six designers of any age or background to be a part of the Kaleidoscope Fashion Show at Vogue Knitting LIVE New York on January 17, 2020, at 6:15 PM.
Read the press release.
Call for Entries: Kaleidoscope Fashion Show
A fusion of fiber, texture, and color
Fashion trends are changing constantly, along with knit and crochet. We want to see your new, original designs!
We are looking for six designers of any age or background to be a part of the Kaleidoscope Fashion Show at Vogue Knitting LIVE New York on January 17 at 6:15 PM. The judges come from a wide range of backgrounds, and have come together to find garments that are the best fusion of fiber, texture, and color.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
All entries will be judged anonymously by the judges. Accepted designers will then be mentored by either Louis Boria, Saraha Briscoe, Gregory Stitch, or Nancy Ricci, to refine their designs and get them show-ready. The accepted designers’ final pieces will walk the runway in the Kaleidoscope Fashion Show, which will feature garments designed by the mentors as well.
- Applicants must submit a total of 3 pieces to be considered for the show
- One of the pieces must be a sweater, jacket/coat, or dress; the other two pieces could be a shawl/wrap or hat. Hats should be paired with another garment or knit/crochet accessory. We invite you to design for bodies of all shapes.
- For each design, please submit either: a photo of the front and back of each piece, or detailed sketches of the concept, including front and back. Note that the mentors may request reworking of parts even of a finished design.
- Each design must be an original design, designed by the designer
- And who says knit and crochet can only be done with fiber? In this fashion show, we invite our designers to think outside the box—you have the option of incorporating different textiles, like leather and suede (or vegan), beading, wire, and more.
- All finalists will have one garment featured in a future issue of Vogue Knitting. Garment featured will be at the discretion of Vogue Knitting.