Clip Studio Paint Tutorial Themes Competition for January 2020 is out.
Read the press release.
Jan. 7 (Tues) – Feb. 3 (Mon) 01:00 UTC
Everybody knows eyes are the window to the soul, but chances are nobody told you how hard making the window would be! Share your TIPS on how to get the shape and structure just right, how to add highlights or anything that comes to mind using Clip Studio Paint!
Decoration brushes can add all sorts of fun effects or complex details to your backgrounds in seconds. Share how you make your custom decoration brushes, how you used them in your art, etc.!
Did you know while limited to 24 frames, you can use Clip Studio Paint PRO to animate? If you did, show how you take advantage of all 24 frames to create looping animations! (Content of submitted TIPS must also apply to Clip Studio Paint PRO)
Total rewards worth US$10,000 each month!
Each month we’ll select the best tips on the month’s themes, and award up to a total of US$10,000 in rewards! We will announce the winners on the tenth of the following month.
Gold Prize: 700 USD per person (or 120,000 GOLD) to max 7 participants
Silver Prize: 300 USD per person (or 55,000 GOLD) to max 14 participants
Bronze Prize: 3000 GOLD per person to max 30 participants
Note: Winnings will be transferred to a PayPal or bank account. Transfer fees will be paid by Celsys, but fees for obtaining the winning sum will be paid by the winner.
How to apply
- To be eligible, please create an illustration tutorial along one of the monthly themes in Clip Studio Paint.
- Submitted tutorials may be based on tips you have posted on social media tips such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or YouTube.
- Tutorials that are newly posted during the submission period will be eligible. Tips that have already been posted cannot be accepted for the monthly contest.
- The minimum word count is 200 words. (Minimum 200 words in English, French, Spanish, and German; 500 characters in Japanese and Korean; 400 characters in Traditional Chinese)
- Please include at least 3 screenshots or images, progress shots, or screen captures so that your tutorial is easy for beginners to understand. (Please refrain from adding text to your images, as it will not be translated.) You can also use videos or gifs.
- Sample works should be for all ages and their copyrights must belong to you. Copyrighted material cannot be posted to Tips. This includes images of manga, anime, and game characters as well as derivative work like fanfiction and fanzines. You must hold a copyright for all media used in the article, including screenshots and stock photos. For guidelines on posting, please refer to Tips Help or Posting and Behavioral Guidelines
- You may use the Clip Studio Paint logo in images for articles posted on Clip Studio Tips. Please note that use of the logo will have no impact on the judging of Tips of the Month.
When using the Clip Studio Paint logo, please note that:
– You may not alter the logo in any way, including changing the aspect ratio or dimensions, altering the color or adding shadows, gradients, or patterns, or cropping, flipping, or inverting the logo.
– The logo may not be used in a way that could cause your article to be mistaken for an official Clip Studio Paint article.
- You may post your tutorial in any of the following languages:
English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese
- Please register your profile picture for your Clip Studio account and one or more links to your social media accounts or website. Please keep in mind that you will not be eligible for prizes if you fail to register. You can edit your Clip Studio account information here: Clip Studio Profile
- The images and content of winning Tips may be used by Celsys, Inc. and its affiliates to promote Clip Studio Paint.
- We cannot comment on reasons for selecting the award winners.