Vogue Knitting is calling for writers to contribute to its Fall 2021 issue.
Read the press release
Vogue Knitting Call for Writers
Vogue Knitting is seeking talented writers to contribute articles for our Fall 2021 issue. We are looking for fresh ideas and interesting perspectives from a wide range of voices.
With knitting at its core, Vogue Knitting features articles on every aspect of the craft – from fiber growers, yarn makers, and dyers to individual designers, art, and fashion. We want to hear knitting and other fiber related stories from all over the world. Any imaginative stories that intersect with knitting or crochet will be considered.
Possible stories and/or topics could include:
- a special local yarn shop
- interesting and/or unusual events
- new and old techniques
- history and heritage
- short fiction, poetry, and personal essays
- compelling ideas not on this list!
Articles range from 350 words to 1200 or more.
To submit an article for consideration please email email@example.com with “Writing Call” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your pitch for the particular story you are interested in writing
- Links to published writing samples or an unpublished or partial draft of your proposed article
- Your name, email and phone number on each submission
Note: submit one PDF for each idea
Articles should be well written, easy to follow, free of errors, and appropriately sourced.
If possible, please include print-ready images (300 dpi resolution, jpg or tiff file format, comparable to the size they will run on the page in inches).
For inspiration take a look at our Fall ’21 Design Call Mood Board
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mary Jane Mucklestone
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.