Spoonflower reveals Tangram as the next design competition for the week.
Read the press release below.
Originating in China, a tangram is a dissection puzzle made up of seven pieces known as “tans.” Essentially, it is a shape made up of a group of smaller shapes that never overlap. Create a design inspired by tangrams; design must repeat. Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close 3/14/2017 at 3 p.m. EST.
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Public or private designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 02/03/2017: Submissions open
- 03/14/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 03/16/2017: Public voting opens
- 03/21/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 03/23/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
One popularly voted grand-prize winner will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! In addition to cash prizes, the top 10 will receive additional exposure in our email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs, and social media mentions.
Leave a Reply