UPPERCASE reminds designers that submission to the UPPERCASE Surface Pattern Design Guide closes on the 16th of January 2019 as it gives a free entry\submission link to designers who can’t afford to pay.
Read the press release below.
THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!
DEADLINE IS TOMORROW JANUARY 16
I don’t want the $15 entry fee to be a barrier for you to enter. If you can’t afford to pay, click on the button below for a free entry.
What is surface pattern design?
Any sort of artwork (illustration, design, painting, created textures, lettering, mark-making) that can be used to decorate surfaces! (Think textiles, fabric, dinnerware, wallpaper, prints, stationery, wrapping paper… so many things around us are decorated with surface patterns.)
Your artwork doesn’t have to be made on a computer and you don’t have to know how to make a repeat pattern! Though you’ll have to submit a digital images or photos of your work, of course.
We’re looking for originality and natural talent! Everything else can be learned.
By entering, your work will be viewed by me (editor of UPPERCASE) as well as representatives from some pretty great companies! Submitters to the guide have the chance to be considered for an exciting list of opportunities:
- Windham Fabrics will select an artist for a fabric collection (for submitters without a forthcoming, current or previous fabric licensing contract).
- Eva Franco will select an artist whose designs will be printed on fabric and incorporated in her clothing design.
- Art Maison Canada will select one or more artists for licensing their artwork for wall art, murals, pillows, furniture and home accents.
- Lilla Rogers and Make Art That Sells will be awarding a Home Decor e-course ($330 value) and the Home Decor Live Plus course ($200 value) to one recipient.
- UPPERCASE will feature one artist’s work on the Surface Pattern Design Guide cover.