KnitSimple makes a design submission call and the closing date is 17th May 2019, 9AM EST.
Read the press release.
We are thinking towards the Holidays for the next issue of Knit Simple. Here are the stories we have put together. We welcome your design submissions.
Embroidery on knits (or crochet)
Simple embroidery (cross stitch, chain stitch, French knots) embellishments on knit or crochet pieces. They can be sweaters, scarves, mittens, hats, etc, designed for women.
Gifts for the Family
Quick and easy gifts for babies, kids, teens, men and women. They should be small items such as scarves, hats, cowls, toys, etc.
For the Kids
Snowflake motifs that can be knit in, embroidered, applied. They can be sweaters, scarves, hats, blankets geared toward 2 to 5 year olds.
Cozy afghans, lapghans, in ecru (maybe with a pop of color) using simple textured patterns
Snazzy accessories with shimmery yarns, knit-in (or applied) beads or sequins, pretty, lacy stitches, soft fabric
E-mail your submissions as pdf, jpg, or doc attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with “KS Holiday 19″ in the subject line. Please keep your submissions to a maximum of 2 pages and 2MB per design idea. Be sure that your name and contact information is listed on each page.
Please note that we will only contact you if your design is chosen. However, if your design is not chosen for this issue, it will be held for future consideration.
The deadline for all submissions will be May 17th at 9:00 am EST with reminder prompts sent periodically to include any trend or story changes we might like to incorporate.
When sending us your submission, please take into account the following procedures, which will help us to expedite our communication with you:
• Make your presentation as organized and concise as possible.
• If submissions are mailed in, they will be returned as soon as we are finished with them. Due to space restrictions, we cannot hold all designs that are submitted for the duration of the selection process. Should you receive a few but not all of your submissions back, it means we are holding the balance for possible placement and will return them as soon as the process is complete.
• If submissions are emailed in, you will hear from us if your design has been selected. Due to the sheer volume of submissions that we receive it’s not possible to respond to every one.
• If you want to use any of your submissions for another purpose during the review process, send an email to email@example.com asking to take out of consideration the particular submission(s).
• Please do not telephone or email with inquiries as to the status of your submissions.
Bear in mind that we reserve the right to hold and review design submissions for all of our publications until such time as the design selection process is finalized for a season; this may take up to six months.
Designs can be either mailed or emailed (but not both please). Follow these guidelines for submission:
• A swatch should always accompany a design sketch. Please staple them together.
• Mount sketches and attach swatches to 8.5″ x 11″ sheets.
• Make sketches dark enough to photocopy and keep a photocopy of each submission for your own records.
• Print your name, email and phone number clearly on each page.
• Include a self-addressed stamped envelope to ensure your swatches and sketches are returned.
• Mail to Knit Simple, Design Submissions, 104 West 27th Street, 3rd Fl, New York, NY 10001
• Send clear scanned images of swatches and sketches and be sure that each file is clearly labeled with your name, address and phone number. Also make it clear which sketch and swatch are to accompany each other.
• If necessary, we will request a hard copy of a submission.
• JPGs or PDF files work best for us at 72 dpi only.
Please note that submission of a design does not guarantee publication in the magazine.
Knit Simple Design Team