The Sew Your Style competition with The Pattern Pages has commenced and the deadline for entry is by 1pm on Friday 31st January 2020.
Read the press release.
#SEWYOURSTYLE2020 competition in association with The Pattern PAGES now in its 3rd year, this competition is a chance to show us your sewing style, flair and creativity.
- Vintage Revival: Can’t resist the glamour of a retro garment? Here’s your chance to show us your favourite style of the past.
- Refashion: Get creative and up-cycle a denim jacket into another garment for your wardrobe.
- Eye for Detail: Love ruffles, pintucks or other sewing techniques then WOW us with your fabric manipulation.
- Sew Colour Block: It’s one thing matching colours but mixing them can create fab results. We’re looking for stunning dresses made with colour-blocking!
HOW TO ENTER
1) Select the category you wish to enter.
2) Fill out the form to register your entry.
3) Get to work and create a fab piece sewn by you!
4) Once your garment is completed, email one high-res photograph of it (preferably on you or a hanger on a white background) by 1pm on Friday 31st January 2020 to email@example.com, with your name clearly shown on the image file (and not in the photograph).
The top 10 shortlisted entries will be contacted from each category and required to post their entry to ICHF Events by Thursday 27th February 2020 at the latest.
A special ‘Sew Your Style’ display of all the finalists will be on show for visitors to admire at Sewing for Pleasure between 19th-22nd March 2020. Winners will be announced on Thursday 19th March 2020 via social media after the judging. Prizes will be presented to the winners at Sewing for Pleasure on Sunday 22nd March 2020 in the afternoon on the catwalk. If you have a technical question about your entry and need guidance, please contact the editor of The Pattern Pages, Julie Bonnar at firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIZE UP FOR THE GRABS!
There are 13 amazing prizes worth £3,000+
1ST PRIZES FROM JANOME
- Vintage Revival – Sewist 725S
- Eye for Detail – Coverpro 2000CPX
- Refashion – Sewing machine 230DC
- Sew a Colour-Block Dress – Overlocker 9300DX
2ND PRIZE FROM HANTEX
2m of fabric, an indie sewing pattern and a Sew to Grow Fashion Ruler – all you need to make a garment from start to finish!
3RD PRIZE 12 sewing patterns from Butterick and New Look
BEST IN SHOW
A Madeira treasure chest of Aerofil sewing threads
RULES OF ENTRY
This competition is open to everyone aged 18 or over, excluding employees or agents of the associated companies and their families.
The entry must be all your own work. You may enter more than one category, but only one entry per category. Entries that do not abide by these terms and conditions may be disqualified.
All competitors will receive an entry acknowledgement which includes a complimentary show ticket and a ‘2 for 1’ discount code to share with family and friends.
One image per entry should be sent with the exception of Refashion category where we’d like to see a ‘before’ and ‘after’ image. Each image needs to be taken with the garment placed against a white background, on a hanger or worn by the entrant. Please label the image with name and category but please don’t show your name on image itself (jpeg file if possible).
By entering this competition you give permission for ICHF Events and The Pattern Pages to publish your entries in print, online and on social media to promote future competitions.
The top 10 shortlisted entries from each category will be contacted, and will be required to post their entry to ICHF Events by Thursday 27th February 2020 at the latest.
The shortlisted entries will then be judged on the first day of the Sewing for Pleasure show, Thursday 19th March 2020. Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus an overall Best in Show. There will be no access to the area while the judging takes place.
All winners will be announced via social media on Thursday 19th March after judging has taken place, and prizes awarded at Sewing for Pleasure on Sunday 22nd March 2020 in the afternoon on the catwalk. If winners are unable to attend, their prize will be posted to the competition entry address during the next 14 days.
The decision of the judges is final and no discussions will be entered into. The prizes detailed cannot be exchanged for any other goods are subject to availability. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or replaced if lost or damaged. No late entries will be accepted and no responsibility held for entries lost or delayed.