Design Call Vogue Knitting Fall 2021
We are excited to get started thinking about the Fall 2021 issue of Vogue Knitting. Now published two times per year, each issue will feature 25 knitting patterns.
All four of our stories for the Fall ’21 issue are art related:
- American Landscape – Tramping through wintery fields and streams in the Northeast. Classics with a twist – textures, cables and color-work based in tradition with something a bit different and modern.
- Chiaroscuro – Beautifully lit knitwear emerging from the contrasting darkness of the background. Strong, simple garments and accessories knit in basic stitches like stockinette stitch, monochromatic brioche and garter.
- Sculptural Sleeves – Tucks, rolls, gathers or shaping adds volume and interest to sleeve caps, shoulders and cuffs transforming sleeves into the focal point of the garments.
- Collage – Blocks of color echo the abstract expressionism of Mark Rothko or the beautiful mosaic of a terrazzo floor. Assembled by assigning a different color to each garment section, judicious placement of stripes or use of blocky intarsia.
Take a look at our attached inspiration boards.
Vogue Knitting is committed to inclusion and diversity at all levels, from staff, through designers, journalists, freelancers, models, photographers etc. Please pass this call on to anyone you know who might be interested. We are eager to expand our network of artists.
Please take note:
- Designer submits their written pattern in sample size only. VK tech editors will grade all patterns to fit chest 30 – 60” Sample size will be decided at the time a design is accepted.
- Profit sharing: Designs are exclusive to print for 1 year. Following the 1 year exclusivity period, Individual PDFs will be posted on the Vogue Knitting web site and on Ravelry. Designers receive a base fee + 10% of PDF sales on Vogue Knitting website and 50% of Ravelry sales. Pattern PDFs will sell for $8 (up from $6).
Design submissions due by Friday, November 13th, 2020.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital submissions only
- One page PDF per design PDF or JPEG files only, include:
- swatch image
- sketch image
- please take time to include the best sketches possible. It makes a big difference.
- On each submission, please include your name, email and phone number Any submissions without this information may not be considered.
- We will contact you by the first week in January if your design has been selected. Due to the sheer volume of submissions it is not possible to respond to every one. If you haven’t heard from us by the end of January, consider the design free to be submitted elsewhere or published independently. Please don’t telephone or email with inquiries as to the status of your submissions.
We look forward to seeing your ideas for Fall 2021!
Editor In Chief