Sewentists return to Fashion Formula UK.
Read the press release.
Could you be a Sewentist?
Stuck at home?
We are relaunching our Sewentists platform to create content for our fortnightly tutorials that will be published on our website, dedicated Instagram account (@thesewentists) and other online media outlets.
We are looking for talented designer/makers who are interested in making tutorial videos, time-lapses, written instructions and photographing their work processes under the Fashion Formula umbrella.
All you have to do is send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what you will make and how many meters you need?
Once we approve your project, you will get the free fabric with any design from our site or even your own design
Please include the following information in your email.
- Tell us a bit about yourself, your area of expertise and which products you are interested in making
- Provide an estimation of fabric meterage required and the time frame you will need to complete the content. (Ideally we would need the content with our studio team within a maximum of 2 weeks after you have received the fabric from us)
- The print you are proposing for the fabric. This could be from our online catalogue or one of your own custom designs
- Rate your project level (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert) & tell us who it is targeted at
- Photographs of your previous work
Once we have reviewed your submission we will be in touch by email with further details on how we would like to proceed with your application.
The title of your email should include The Sewentists and the project name you are applying for.
Every few weeks we will release new project ideas to our designer/maker community and applicants will be selected to participate and provided with further guidance via email.
Projects will be set from a range of sectors including fashion, activewear, childrenswear, up-cyclers, craft, homeware, DIY sewing and interiors.
Although we have many ideas of products we would like to include, ultimately we are looking to showcase our fabrics and papers with your products!
We are open to suggestions so if you have a similar product in mind or new ideas, please get in touch and we can review your ideas.
Through creating an inspirational community of curated designers and producers we hope that by showing off your skills and techniques, we can inspire our customer base to show off theirs!